What is the recruitment policy for people with autism?
Picture of James
Picture of Katie
3 responses
Anonymous asked a question to Combat
Category: Diversity
Date asked: Monday, November 18, 2019
Last update: Thursday, November 21, 2019
Picture of Katie
Katie
Staff Officer - Projects for People
Hi there, I’m afraid I can't really provide an answer as it would depend on the severity of your condition. Our Medical Admin Team would need to review your medical history and treatments. Once you create an application our trained Medical Admin Team will review your medical information. They will then be able to contact you back with an informed decision. There are more details at: apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/can-i-join… The best thing to do is to start an application and then the National Recruiting Centre can assist you with any specific requirements and help you along the way. Please use this link to register your interest: apply.army.mod.uk/register. Once you have registered you will then be e-mailed an activation link. You must check your e-mail: junk, inbox and spam folders for your activation e-mail. Please follow the link and begin your application. You will then be assigned a Candidate Support Manager who will contact you when we are ready to progress your application. They can assist you with your medical questions in more detail. I hope this helps. Katie
Monday, November 18, 2019
Anonymous
Thank you very much for the reply. Much appreciated
Monday, November 18, 2019
Picture of James M.
James M.
Reconnaissance Platoon soldier
Thanks for your question. There is limited information on autism and the armed forces. However, I know people who have recently applied and have started basic training. From my knowledge I believe they are taken on an individual basis and severity. Your best answer would be to apply and go through the process and take it as it comes Medical questions can’t really be answered unless by qualified personnel. Regards J
Thursday, November 21, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.