Picture of As a military intelligence soldier, at the lance corporal level, what are your living arrangements like (single)?

As a military intelligence soldier, at the lance corporal level, what are your living arrangements like (single)?

6 responses

Liam B. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: mercredi, juin 10, 2020

Last reviewed: mercredi, juin 10, 2020

Arthur T.

Change Analyst

Hi Liam, It doesn't matter what your role is in the Army, your accommodation will be roughly the same. If you are single you will live in Single Living Accommodation (SLA). Once you reach the rank of sergeant you will often live in the senior non-commissioned officers mess if single. Accommodation varies by establishment, but there has been significant investment by the Ministry of Defence to upgrade the living accommodation across the board. If married, you will get entitlement to a house where you can live with your family if they choose to relocate with you. Hope this helps

mercredi, juin 10, 2020

Liam B.

Hi Arthur, Thanks for the message! Is the SLA single rooms with shared facilities or separate facilities? Thanks

mercredi, juin 10, 2020

LCpl U.

Operator Military Intelligence

Liam, This will depend on the camp, however the majority of rooms are En suite, with very few camps requiring you to share showers and toilets

mercredi, juin 10, 2020

Liam B.

Okay brilliant On a seperate point - will my age go against me with the Int Corps? I'm 26 (nearly 27) qualifying as a lawyer shortly but I want a career change and want to go into the Int Corps. I would be 27/28 when looking to join? Reason I ask is because I have read/been told that certain areas of the army (e.g. infantry arms) prefer younger soldier and officers.

mercredi, juin 10, 2020

LCpl U.

Operator Military Intelligence

No it will not go against you, my squad in training ranged from 18 - 34, with the majority being around 25.

mercredi, juin 10, 2020

Liam B.

Oh okay - fantastic

mercredi, juin 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?