Picture of Will being in cadets be helpful for you at all?

Will being in cadets be helpful for you at all?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Additional information

I'm 15 and an Army Cadet, I'd like to know if being in cadets will actually give any uses in the Army or not.

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good evening and thanks for your question. Being in any of the cadet forces is always a good stepping stone to building a career in the military. Whilst it wont allow you to "Fast Track" any of the training, it will most definitely help you out in allowing you to be one step ahead in some aspects. The best thing to do in these situations, is to then use your spare time to help others. For example, lets say you've spent a while in the army cadets and you now know your way around a rifle safely and confidently. This is often an area where some other people might struggle during training, so since you will already have a good idea, once you've managed to get to grips with it in your basic training, you can then help your colleagues and members of your section/platoon. Thus demonstrating Respect for others, Loyalty and many other key values which the army desires from its professional soldiers. I spent around 5 years in cadets prior to joining the army, and i can safely say that my time there did make things slightly easier. Just do be careful that you don't seem uninterested in some areas simply because you have some kind of experience already. Make sure to maintain a keen mind and be like a sponge, absorbing all of the information given to you by your training team. Further to this, there is so much more which the cadets can offer to you. From helping your community, to building your confidence, and so much more. Even people whom don't intend to serve in the forces can gain a huge amount from this experience so i would definitely recommend sticking with it if you can. If you have any more questions then don't hesitate to ask, Best of luck for the future.

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?