Picture of I would like to transfer to artillery from RAF. How long would I have to serve in my current role to follow the process?

I would like to transfer to artillery from RAF. How long would I have to serve in my current role to follow the process?

Picture of Katie
1 response

Additional information

I am an Aerospace Systems Operator, Rank Senior Aircraftsman and have served for a year and two months

George E. asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Last reviewed: Saturday, December 7, 2019

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi George, Thanks for your question. I’m afraid I can only answer part of it for you but I hope that will help somewhat. You can absolutely transfer from the RAF into the Army, I had several soldiers that had done this, and some that transferred into the RAF. The bit I don’t know is how long the RAF require you to serve before you can transfer. It would be best if you went to see your line manager or unit career manager and let them know your desire to transfer. They’ll be able to advise you on how long you’re required to serve, how long the transfer process is likely to take, and how to go about it. Good luck and I hope we see you in the Army soon! Katie

Saturday, December 7, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?