Picture of hi what sort of things do medics do on a day-to-day basis when not deployed or on exercise?

hi what sort of things do medics do on a day-to-day basis when not deployed or on exercise?

4 responses

Ben N. asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Friday, January 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Sunday, June 7, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Hi In a word 'training'. When not deployed doing their actual jobs, medical personnel are continuously training for their role and continuously improving their medical and soldiering skills.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Paul A.

Combat Medical Technician

Hi Ben Day to day life for a medic can be extremely varied depending on which unit you are at so I will give you an example of my day to day life and key responsibilities from when I was attached to an infantry unit and hopefully that will answer your question. Your key responsibilities as a medic attached to an infantry unit are to look after the health and well-being of the soldiers within your unit, keep medical records up to date, conduct medical training within the unit and to conduct sick parades for those that are ill or injured. Obviously when out in the field on deployment or exercise these roles vary in the ways that you carry them out but essentially they are the same

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Ronnie Y.

what are the medical requirements to get into the army

Monday, June 1, 2020

Paul A.

Combat Medical Technician

Hi Ronnie Medicals are done on a case by case basis but for a broad overview it’s best to have a look at the army jobs website

Sunday, June 7, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?