Picture of How do you deal with your job in the army and family matters at thesame time ?

How do you deal with your job in the army and family matters at thesame time ?

Picture of Robert
4 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Alain Njebu N. asked a question to Robert H.

Date asked: Sunday, July 28, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Picture of Robert N.

Robert N.

Lead Recruiter - Armed Forces Careers Office - Sheffield

Hi Alain, That's a great question. I have been in the Army for 15 years. When I joined I was 19 and had a wife. Together we have grown a family of 3 young boys over this 15 years. For me, having a flourishing family life is all about finding the balance. There are difficult times where you can be away for some long periods where you miss home. There are other times where you are going through the general routine in Barracks and can be at home for long periods without going away. If you ever run into difficulties with family, i.e bereavement, illness or something else, the Army are really good at stepping in to help. Every barracks and Regiment will have their own Welfare Service, who are always there to help. That could be getting you sent home if you are deployed overseas after the passing of an immediate family member, or granting some compassionate leave because your partner is unwell for e.g. In my experiences the Army have always accommodated every family matter I have ever had. I hope this helps and answers your question. Warm Regards, Staff Sergeant Rob Needham.

Monday, July 29, 2024

Alain Njebu N.

Thank you Staff Sergeant Rob Needham i’m very well interested in the British Army assessment and I’ll like to explore all the possible options, What is the height limit and cardio expectation?

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Picture of Robert H.

Robert H.

Marketing Officer

Alain, The Fitness requirements can be found at: https://jobs.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/army-assessment/fitness-tests/ As for heights the minimum is 4ft10. I am unsure of the upper limit but i am 6ft8. That is quite a range which hopefully you sit within. One to be aware of is that certain roles have physical limitations associated with them. Helicopter Pilots need to be within specific dimensions, and tank crew have size limits associated with their roles. This is entirely for the purposes of safety. Hope this helps

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Alain Njebu N.

Please help me join the British Army please

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?