Picture of I'm interested in joining the officer intelligence corps programme, but I have a few doubts.

I'm interested in joining the officer intelligence corps programme, but I have a few doubts.

Picture of Craig
Picture of Deegan
2 responses

Additional information

I've got some moral questions I keep asking myself that might be completely baseless. The chance to learn a language fluently/ become an expert in one specific area of mil int sounds an amazing opportunity. But, would I also contribute to operations that will kill people?Or is there room for choice?

Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Communications, Intelligence and IT

Date asked: Thursday, August 29, 2024

Last reviewed: Thursday, August 29, 2024

Picture of Craig C.

Craig C.

Intelligence

https://jobs.army.mod.uk/roles/intelligence-corps/intelligence-officer/ have a read here and i would recommend applying to get more answers.

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Picture of Deegan W.

Deegan W.

Recruiting Co-ordinator

Hello. I understand your moral considerations. I had similar doubts myself before joining the army I don't think your question is baseless. It is important to understand that the Army exists for a reason and that ultimately we are prepared to conduct/support combat operations. You should know however, of the 12 years in a combat job role, I have done more humanitarian work (flood defence, moving supplies and building a school in Kenya for example) than any war time combat operations. I think this is the same for most other service people.

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?