Picture of I have applied for the Infantry soldier, what are the challenges of being an infantry soldier?

I have applied for the Infantry soldier, what are the challenges of being an infantry soldier?

6 responses

Additional information

I am interested in being an Infantry Soldier under the British Army.

Gibson L. asked a question to Combat

Category: Application process

Date asked: Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, October 17, 2019

Mark I.

Regimental Recruiting Warrant Officer

The challenges of an Infantry Soldier vary tremendously. Everything you do for the first time will be a challenge..... but that is the best part, you learn from it, grow and develop. In every role or rank you find yourself in there will be new challenges, more experience gained and with that much more job satisfaction. You are always learning. That’s also not just the Infantry, the Army in general but the Infantry does give you a lot more variety. Good luck.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Piers B.

Corporal, Team Commander

Thanks for a great question. Being an infantry soldier is an extremely rewarding and satisfying job. However like most jobs it has challenges to surpass. Fitness, training and being away from home are the biggest challenges that I have encountered in my career. However with every challenge in the infantry you are guided on how to surpass them. Fitness is something that is constantly worked on and if needed you will receive structured one to one programmes to help you match the standard. Training is similar as infantry training is second to none. You are guided and taught every step of the way. Being away from home is the biggest challenge for a lot of people when they join not just the infantry but the army as a whole. You will receive plenty of time off to get back home and at certain points your family will also be invited to see you at work, which helps them to see what a great career you are starting! I hope this answered your question, and well done on applying to join such a great career! Piers

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Gibson L.

For How long does it take to be recruited as an infantry soldier when the application has been submitted?

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Piers B.

Corporal, Team Commander

It depends. You should receive an email or call within two weeks acknowledging your application. After this it will depend on how fast your GP completes your medical documents and when the next selection is near you. For the whole process we say around 6 months. However there is now a new system coming into place so it could be as short as 3 months. Keep an eye on your inbox! Hope this helps, Piers

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Thanks for taking your time to ask a question. With any new job/career there will be all sorts of hurdles and challenges. There have been many challenges but these are what will make you. The British Army selects the best possible personnel for its armed forces with the infantry being the tip of the spear, if it was easy then we wouldn’t have the incredible army that we have. For me personally, I had always been in to fitness so that aspect didn’t challenge me as much as some of the academic work that was required to learn my trade. You should look forward to the challenge to test yourself! Hope this answers your question J

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Anonymous

Well outlined

Thursday, October 17, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?