Picture of I can't find good resources that detail life in the rmp, is there anywhere that gives insight on day to day life?

I can't find good resources that detail life in the rmp, is there anywhere that gives insight on day to day life?

1 response

Additional information

I'd also appreciate personal experiences

Dan F. asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Saturday, June 13, 2020

Last reviewed: Saturday, June 13, 2020

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Hi, the Army website is a good starting point to understand what life in the Royal Military Police is like then you can get in touch with the recruiting team. As an introduction your day to day can be very varied. As a Junior Non-Commissioned Officer your first role will be working in a Provost Company in the UK you will be policing the local garrison area, working on joint patrols with Home Office Police Forces, working on investigations or preparing for deployments and doing military training. Expect a mixture of policing in garrison towns, going on large exercises and training. The very nature of police work means no day is the same. You’ll be working in a Platoon of 30 or so people with a range of experience so you’ll have great support and a social life. Expect shift work and weekend work for policing as well as a more steady working patterns. You can expect to go overseas to policing detachments in places like Kenya, operational tours such as doing police work in Afghanistan or to complete your Close Protection Course and complete a CP tour. Later you can apply for the Special Investigations Branch for detective like work. There is loads of variety in the RMP. Zoe.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?