Picture of I’m currently in basic training and joining as a Rlc driver but I’m not sure on what Rlc driver reg to join

I’m currently in basic training and joining as a Rlc driver but I’m not sure on what Rlc driver reg to join

Picture of LCpl
24 responses

Additional information

Want to be driving loads

Peter H. asked during the live chat Who are the Royal Logistic Corps? to British Army

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of LCpl W.

LCpl W.

Driver

Hi peter it doesn't matter much on what reg to join as there pretty much the same with driving tasks

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Peter H.

Do you have any info on what 7 regt involves

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of LCpl W.

LCpl W.

Driver

Ive never been there so I couldn't tell you much about but it but I can tell you about 27 regt and like I said early there pretty much all the same

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Peter H.

Can I have some info on 27 regt and some stuff you’ve expierienced

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of LCpl W.

LCpl W.

Driver

Yeh no problem so for me I loved it there. My day to day role was mostly servicing trucks when we weren't out on driving taskings. You do 2 driving exercises a year which are great fun. They run many driving courses so you can drive most vehicles by the time you move on to your next reg its also a great place to be if you enjoy sport.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of LCpl W.

LCpl W.

Driver

Great place to be for traveling as well I deployed to Cyprus and Germany

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Peter H.

Is it mostly driving or do you do like on the floor shooting exercises / training

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of LCpl W.

LCpl W.

Driver

So you do one infantry exercise a year and you also do a range week which is great fun going into villages and stuff

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of LCpl W.

LCpl W.

Driver

Different things come up all the time tho

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Kevin X.

Nurture Team JNCO

Typically you will join a main stream regiment made up of RLC trades after that you can be posted to attached regiments or ever squadrons most main streams are very similar my best advise ? Go to a mainstream that has the most going on at the time to get more Experience, USE THE SUSTAINER !!!

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Peter H.

What are the promotion like is there courses to go on so u keep getting promoted and what qualifications do you get regarding driving

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Picture of LCpl W.

LCpl W.

Driver

I promoted on my second year of being there as long as you keep your head down and get on with your job you do well. You get all the licences upto C+E from training then once you get to unit you can get what ever you like except motorcycle

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?