Picture of How often will I get to see my boyfriend once he becomes part of infantry?

How often will I get to see my boyfriend once he becomes part of infantry?

1 response

Additional information

how often in the day, and whether I'll even be able to have any long-term goals with him being away constantly.

Anonymous asked a question to Infantry

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Friday, February 26, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, March 4, 2021

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hello and thank you for your question. When your boyfriend starts training, initially he will be very busy for the first few months. After that, he will be able to come home most weekends. Once he finishes training and goes to his Battalion, he will be able to come home most weekends unless he has to deploy on exercise or overseas and for guard duty. If he is going to be based quite away from where he lives with you, he may choose to stay at camp as the drive up and down the country and take its toll on some people, it used to with me. It might be early days at the moment but if you get married, you will have the option to move to where he will be based and live in an Army house. I met my wife while i was in the Army and we have managed to stay together for all these years so I don't know why both of you can't. If you have any more questions, please ask. -Danny.

Thursday, March 4, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?