Picture of Can I apply to join with a birth certificate without having photographic identification

Can I apply to join with a birth certificate without having photographic identification

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: General

Date asked: Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Evening and thanks for your question. There are a few different forms of ID which you will require during your application process. These come under the following categories: -Photographic ID to prove who you are -Proof of Address -Proof of Nationality/Right to work in the UK These can be provided in a few different forms, and you can't use the same ID to cover more than one category. Some examples of what you can use are; -Photo ID - Driving License, Passport, Various ID Cards if holding the pass accreditation logo, Biometric residence permit -Proof of ID - Bank Statement, Driving Licence(If not being used as photo ID and if showing your current address), Pay/wage slip, Utility bill. -Proof of Nationality/Right to work in UK - Full UK Birth Certificate, Current valid passport (if not being used for any other category of ID), naturalisation certificate, deed poll. This is not the full list of ID you can use, and if you are unable to provide an example to cover each area, then your Army Careers Centre will be able to advise you further on what other options you have and what else you can do. This ID will, under most circumstances, not be required physically until you attend the Assessment Centre. However some parts of your application may ask you to provide details in some areas. This is to check your basic eligibility for continuing with an application and you should be sure to enter this information to the best of your knowledge. If you don't currently have any of these forms of ID, its best to try and get something arranged as soon as possible, as some of it can take some time to be arranged, such as passports, replacement birth certificates and driving licences. If you plan ahead, then it will make your application process a lot smoother and easier. I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions feel free to let me know or call your local ACC.

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?