Picture of Can i join with blounts

Can i join with blounts

Picture of Tori
2 responses

Additional information

Hi, I would like to know if i would be accepted to join the paras if i have mild blounts. Im 14yrs old and my dream is to be a para, and if i got surgery would that not let me to be able to join. I have sent a question to the army mod website already and they told me, I have to see what the medical team says when i apply. But i wanna know asap as i need to know if im gonna have to get the surgery or not.

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: General

Date asked: Monday, February 28, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, The medical entry criteria are constantly being reviewed and updated. It is therefore not possible for me to tell you whether blounts or the surgery for blounts would prevent you from joining in the future. If you do have a medical condition that requires further assessment, part of that assessment will be looking at whether you are physically able to undertake military training. I would therefore recommend you speak to your medical team about which option would give you the best outcome. It helps to be honest with your medical team about your career aspirations. They can often advise you on what may or may not be possible in future with your condition in regards to the level of physical activity you could achieve. Best of luck.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Anonymous

Thank you for the response, So even if i got surgery and had a metal plate in my leg would i still be able to join the armed forces in general not just the Paras. Also im fit and healthy and plays rugby and in the cadets

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?