Picture of How to submit eligibility form as a Commonwealth citizen?

How to submit eligibility form as a Commonwealth citizen?

1 response

Additional information

How can I as a Commonwealth citizen complete the eligibility form if I have never been to the UK? I have tried to cancel the form in order to redo it (and leave out passport info) but to no avail; I only get error codes/messages.

Zipporah K. asked a question to British Army

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Last reviewed: Monday, August 12, 2019

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

I am no expert on foreign and commonwealth application policy and process but our website states that the Army currently offers limited places for Commonwealth applicants and that you don't require UK residency prior to this to join. Or if you are a British Citizen, British Subject under the Nationality Act 1981 or British Protected Person, you're able to apply to join the Army. Currently there are a limited number of places and roles available in the British Army to candidates from Commonwealth countries. To apply to join one of these roles please begin your application by registering. Once you have registered, the Army will be in contact with you and progress your application. The Army will not ask you for a fee or any costs to apply to join. You must have a passport that is valid for at least 2 years from your start date in the Army. You must be applying to join the Regular (full time) Army. You cannot join as a Reservist (part time) from the Commonwealth. There are more details at: apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/can-i-join… The best thing to do is to start an application and then the National Recruiting Centre can assist you with any specific requirements and help you along the way. Please use the link to register your interest: apply.army.mod.uk/register Once you have registered you will then be e-mailed an activation link. You must check your e-mail: junk, inbox and spam folders for your activation e-mail. Please follow the link and begin your application. You will then be assigned a Candidate Support Manager who will contact you when we are ready to progress your application. The National Recruiting Centre can be contacted on 0345 600 8080 if you need answers to specific questions regarding your application. One thing to note: If you have not entered the UK then please do not include your passport details. This will allow you to leave the question about the date you entered the UK blank and still submit the application. Or put a date in the future such as 1 Jan 2020. This link may be helpful: www.gov.uk/browse/capply.army.mod.uk/how…

Monday, August 12, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?