Picture of Hello, I'm currently a serving police officer. I am interested in what National Units I would be eligible for.

Hello, I'm currently a serving police officer. I am interested in what National Units I would be eligible for.

Picture of Greg
1 response

Additional information

Reserve units

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: How to apply

Date asked: Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, August 15, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Hello, It all depends on what you want to do as a reserve soldier. From a Royal Military Police perspective, we have a number of serving police officers and support staff who make up the ranks of our national reserve units of the Allied Rapid Reaction Corps Military Police Battalion (ARRC MPBn) and Special Investigation Branch Regiment. A few years ago I had the pleasure of working with the ARRC MPBn and one of their "junior" soldiers turned out to be someone quite senior in the, as it was then, Serious Organised Crime Agency. This gives the soldiers of our national reserve units a unique perspective as often their ability and knowledge is masked by their military rank. If that is what you are looking for, call 0345 600 8080 and speak to the reserves desk. If not, and you want something different, have a look at https://apply.army.mod.uk/what-we-offer/reserve-soldier/army-reserve-units where there is a list of the Natonal Reserve Units.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?