Picture of Hi, I’m going in for surgery for my nose and just wondering how long after I need to wait to apply for the reserves.

Hi, I’m going in for surgery for my nose and just wondering how long after I need to wait to apply for the reserves.

Picture of Tori
3 responses

Additional information

The surgery is set for some time in October and the recovery is only around 2-4 weeks not a serious operation. But the surgeon basically said it is basically a button to help with breathing as there is a hole on the inside of my nose as where the cartilage should be. Many thanks

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Medical

Date asked: Monday, September 2, 2019

Last reviewed: Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I am afraid we cannot provide you with a definite answer without our Medical Admin Team reviewing your medical history and further details of your symptoms and the planned operation. Please feel welcome to create an application on the Army website, and our trained Medical Admin Team will review your medical information. They will then be able to contact you back with an informed decision.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Anonymous

How would I get in contact with them do you have an email or phone number please and would it be better to wait after my operation before contacting them? Thank you

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, To start an application please visit the Army website https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join Starting an application allows the team to discuss your medical issues in more detail. They will be able to assist you in deciding whether to delay the rest of your application until after the surgery. Alternatively you can call our National Recruiting Centre on 0345 600 8080 who may be able to provide you with more information.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?