Picture of Hi my name is Aaron I wanted to ask a quick Question am I able to go from reserves to full time

Hi my name is Aaron I wanted to ask a quick Question am I able to go from reserves to full time

Picture of Katie
1 response

Aaron G. asked a question to Combat

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Thursday, September 24, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, September 25, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Aaron, Thank you for your question. Yes, transferring from the reserves to the regular forces happens often. There are a few factors that you may wish to consider: what Regiments and trades are you interested in; will full time service fit your lifestyle and personal circumstances; training in the Regulars takes longer than the reverses; you won’t always get to keep your reserve rank in the regulars. You may also be able to apply for Full Time Reserve Service if you want to gain an insight into the Regulars without making the full commitment to transferring. More information or detail is readily available by talking to an armed forces careers advisors at your local Army Careers Office (ACO) or alternatively search 'Army Jobs'. apply.army.mod.uk/what-we-offer/reserve… I hope this helps but please come back to me if you want to know more. Katie

Friday, September 25, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?