Picture of my bf is in the reserves atm but once back from tour is planning on going regs-RA , as am I-REME, can we live together?

my bf is in the reserves atm but once back from tour is planning on going regs-RA , as am I-REME, can we live together?

Picture of Holly
4 responses

Bethany N. asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: General

Date asked: Thursday, December 31, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, December 31, 2020

Picture of Holly J.

Holly J.

Financial Systems Administrator

Hi! Thanks for your question. You’ve asked this in the HR, Finance and Support Insiders section. This is something that you’d have to ask through your Chain of Command, as you have to submit eligibility paperwork and there also has to be a house available on the ‘patch’, as married personnel are given housing first then if people within relationships/partnerships want to apply for a house, they come second. Hope this helps!

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Bethany N.

Hi thanks for the reply. As we’d both be regulars we’d be based in different places. Is there something they could do? Or would we stay separate until we get married?

Picture of Holly J.

Holly J.

Financial Systems Administrator

Hey! If your both close enough then you’d have to decide which ‘patch’ you’d want to live at, being if there are any spare houses though. If not, then you’d probably have to live separately. Hope this helps!

Bethany N.

That’s exactly what I needed. Thank you Holly!

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?