Picture of After initial training, can you live off base with your partner(not yet married) if its close enough for travelling?

After initial training, can you live off base with your partner(not yet married) if its close enough for travelling?

Picture of Aidan
2 responses

Additional information

I have been living with my partner for a few years and would want to continue this after training however we aren't married yet so would want to live off base but close to it for travelling in.

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Application process

Date asked: Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Picture of Aidan H.

Aidan H.

Sabre Troop Sgt, Regimental Gunnery Instructor

Once you get to unit, it is at the discretion of your unit if you are able to live out inprivate accommodation. There is now the ability for unmarried couples to live in Army housing if they meet a certain criteria, I don't know what it is. I'm married and live my own house as do a lot of people I work with.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

As mentioned above, it would depend on your unit and the forecast of events I guess. I know a lot of colleagues that live off camp with partners. As long as you turn up for work on time etc, there is no reason why you cant live off site. The mod housing policy has changed to allow single accompanied personnel to live in married quarters, as mentioned above if you meet certain criteria. J

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?