Picture of Can you kindly share with me your experiences with British army in terms of its core values and cultural diversity?

Can you kindly share with me your experiences with British army in terms of its core values and cultural diversity?

1 response

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Good Morning, Let's talk about Cultural Diversity first. The British Army prides itself upon cultural diversity as so many of our soldiers come from all different backgrounds and come from different countries. My own experience of the Army and cultural diversity is most Regiments will organise a cultural evening frequently allowing soldiers who have different heritages to celebrate their backgrounds with displays they run including traditional food and dress and to give more information about their culture. This is just one example but there are plenty more events that the Army run to celebrate cultural diversity. In the terms of inclusion, every single soldier is treated the exact same no matter their background or culture. Now, for Core Values within the British Army. The values that we live and work by are Courage, Discipline, Respect for Others, Integrity, Loyalty and Selfless Commitment. We are taught this from Basic training and it is something we must think about with every decision and action we take during our career. It is a punishable offence to break one of these values. The Army practice these values every single day. I hope this information is useful to you. Zoe

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?