Picture of Im from South Africa and I’m trying hard to apply to the officer training. Do I have to visit the UK before I can apply?

Im from South Africa and I’m trying hard to apply to the officer training. Do I have to visit the UK before I can apply?

4 responses

Additional information

Im a 23 year old recent graduate in engineering.

Bradley U. asked a question to Edward N.

Category: About us

Date asked: Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Edward N.

Household Cavalry Officer Recruiting

The best thing to do is apply as an Officer. You can do so on the following link, https://apply.army.mod.uk/login and register for an account. You will then be allocated a Candidate Support Manager who will be able to advise you on the best course of action for your specific application. Hope this helps!

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Bradley U.

Thank you. I’ll be registered and started the application process, but it insists I enter a date and visa type used to visit the UK. I have never visited and was hoping to apply before I need to go.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Anita J.

Hi, ive had the same issue as Bradley for a while. I have never entered into the UK but it keeps on redirecting me to fill in the dates when I entered into the UK. Website not user friendly. Ive been trying for the past three years.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Edward N.

Household Cavalry Officer Recruiting

In this case you should contact the NRC direct. You can call them on 0345 600 8080 (you will need to use +44 if dialling from abroad.) Or use the chat system on either Facebook or the candidate portal. Hope that helps!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?