Picture of Hiya I am really interested in the role of a army nurse. I am currently studying a degree? IS there an appenticeship?

Hiya I am really interested in the role of a army nurse. I am currently studying a degree? IS there an appenticeship?

5 responses

Additional information

I am studying adult and child nursing so could I still join when I have done both? Also is there a way to do an apprenticeship in nursing. Also as a combat medic could you potentially become a nurse this way? Thank you

Lucy V. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Macaulay A.

Outreach Team member

Hi Lucy. If you are a registered nurse and have done your degree then you can join the Army as a nurse. If you are qualified for adult and child nursing you can still join but you focus would be on adult nursing. If you are already a nurse you wouldn't join as a medic you would join as a nurse.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Lucy V.

Thank you

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Lucy V.

Can a combat medical technician become a nurse? Is there an apprentice route :)

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Macaulay A.

Outreach Team member

I am getting a bit confused with your question, are you studying a degree for nursing? Medics can apply to do nursing however they need to have done an access course or have the UCAS points for university study

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Lucy V.

Ah I see thank you very much :)

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?