Picture of Im ot sure what role I want, I know I want to join the army but there are so many roles?

Im ot sure what role I want, I know I want to join the army but there are so many roles?

9 responses

Additional information

I'm stuck between infantry or military police or maybe something else i don't know about yet.

Ethan L. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Gemma Catherine A.

Cpl- Cyber Engineer

My advice would be pick something you have a natural interest in. example i joined Signals because communications interests me.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

I agree, think about your strengths and what you would like to know more about and be an expert in and the Army will help you get there!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Ethan L.

Thanks, but I'm still not sure. Do they both have similar fitness requirements?

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

National Marketing Executive

Infantry fitness standards Mid Thigh Pull 76kg Medicine Ball Throw 3.1m 2km run 10m 15s

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Picture of Ash P.

Ash P.

National Marketing Executive

Military police Mid Thigh Pull 46kg Medicine Ball Throw 2.9m 2km run 11m 15s (11m 30s for Junior Entry)

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Ethan L.

Thank you, could you specify what a Mid Thigh pull is? Could you also tell me if I could join the military police straight away or if I have to do a set amount of service

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

Ethan a mid thigh pull is you bend over a bar al pull up as hard as you can and you can join as a military police straight away all you need to do is speak with a careers adivsor at your local Army Careers Centre

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Ethan L.

Thank you

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

No worries good luck in your application process

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?