Picture of Any advice for preparing for assessment centres/interviews?

Any advice for preparing for assessment centres/interviews?

Picture of Tori
1 response

Additional information

I'm currently a third year medical student and am hoping to apply next year during my intercalation. I'm not sure exactly what they assess you on at the assessment centres, but I don't currently have much knowledge of the army. So any reading/resource recommendations would be greatly appreciated so that I could prepare prior.

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, There are some really great resources on what to expect from the application process. It is slightly different for medical students, but the general principle is the same. https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/joining-process/officer-recruitment-steps/army-officer-selection During the application, there were a few things I found useful; A good knowledge of current affairs, particularly anything involving the military. Being fit enough to pass the entry fitness tests relatively easily. Practicing speed/time/distance calculations. And it's important to remember, they're not looking for leaders, they are looking for people with leadership potential. So be yourself, and remember being part of a team and following instructions, is just as important as being able to be the person giving the instructions. Best of luck!

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?