Picture of What top advice would you give for interviews and assessment centres?

What top advice would you give for interviews and assessment centres?

3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Last reviewed: Monday, August 26, 2019

Chris V.

Recruiting Co-ord

Hi there, The best piece of advice I can give you is too be yourself - don't try to sell something you are not. Research the subject as best you can and be confident in what you know. Do not be afraid to say that you are unsure or that you do not know the answer to a question. Although it is easy to say, and hard to do - RELAX - those interviewing you are human too and have all been through the same process and therefore understand that it is a nervous time for candidates. Good luck

Monday, July 29, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Good morning and thank you for taking your time to ask a question. My best advice would be to study your chosen job choice as best as you can, your interviewer at Assessment centre may have previously served in that core/regiment previously. I would also say to try and speak to someone that has been Assessment Centre to find out any tips they would recommend. Learn the information that your careers officer provides you with and enjoy the process. If you are unsure of anything they will be more than happy to help if you give them a call prior to AC. Goodluck at AC! J

Friday, August 2, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, As mentioned above, being yourself is really important! There is lots of information on the Army website about what the assessment centre involves for both potential soldiers and officers. For officer selection the three things I found most helpful were, being up to date on current affairs, practicing Speed/Time/Distance calculations, and ensuring I could comfortably meet the fitness requirements. Good luck!

Monday, August 26, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?