Picture of What are some of the interview mistakes?

What are some of the interview mistakes?

Picture of Caroline
3 responses

Kelvin V. asked a question to Caroline M.

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Thursday, August 1, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, August 2, 2019

Picture of Caroline M.

Caroline M.

Troop Commander

Hi Kelvin. Thanks for the question. I think the main mistake that people make at interviews is trying to be someone they are not. The assessors are looking for potential rather than the finished product so just be confident and be yourself. To make you feel more confident you can do a lot of preparation before an interview, think about questions that they are likely to ask you such as 'Why do you want to join the Army?' 'What could you bring to the Army?' 'What role are you most interested in and why?' I would also research into the Army's current commitments so you have an idea of what you might do and where you might go if you are successful. Understand a bit about the progression through the different types of training and be passionate. Good luck!

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Kelvin V.

So please commander Caroline what will be the best answer when asked what will you bring to the Army please.

Friday, August 2, 2019

Picture of Caroline M.

Caroline M.

Troop Commander

Hi. I don't think there is a best answer - it completely depends on who you are and what your strengths are. Perhaps you are really enthusiastic and have a lot of drive and passion to bring to a particular Regiment or Corps. Perhaps you already have some experience in something that you could build on and be a useful asset. Maybe its fitness or speaking another language. Have a think about your key strengths and that's what you'll bring to the Army. Everyone's different and everyone brings something different to the party.

Friday, August 2, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?