Picture of Can an eligible Ghanaian citizen with a bachelor apply for the role of army officer and will he or she be considered ?

Can an eligible Ghanaian citizen with a bachelor apply for the role of army officer and will he or she be considered ?

Picture of Katie
5 responses

Rider J. asked a question to Combat

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Saturday, January 2, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, January 4, 2021

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Hi Rider, Thank you for your question. The short answer is yes, Ghanaians can apply to join the British Army as officers and soldiers. Currently if you are British, Irish, or from a Commonwealth country you can apply to join the British Army. You don’t need UK citizenship or residency. Places and roles for Commonwealth personnel are limited but once you register your interest the recruitment team will contact you and let you know your options. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to ensure that they have permission to be in the UK. This must be valid for the entirety of the recruitment and selection process up until the point they are enlisted. All applicants must have a passport that is valid for at least two years from your start date in the Army. You must be applying to join the Regular (full time) Army. You cannot join as a Reservist (part time) from the Commonwealth. I hope this helps and good luck with your application. Katie

Monday, January 4, 2021

Albert E.

Is there an indication of when Commonwealth Applications will open?

Monday, January 4, 2021

Picture of Katie

Katie

Hi Albert, I’m afraid I don’t know. The best thing to do is fill out the expression of interest form online and a recruiter will be in touch and keep you updated.

Monday, January 4, 2021

Albert E.

Thank You is it possible to get the link for this expression of interest please?

Monday, January 4, 2021

Picture of Katie

Katie

Monday, January 4, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?