Picture of 2nd year nursing study, will it be better to join the army after I qualify? What support can i have for my child?

2nd year nursing study, will it be better to join the army after I qualify? What support can i have for my child?

Picture of Harriet
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, December 2, 2021

Picture of Harriet C.

Harriet C.

Registered Adult Nurse

You would only be eligible to apply as a registered nurse in The Army in your third year of study. Once you have your NMC pin you will then be able to start your basic training. This is 14 weeks long at either Pirbright or Winchester. During this time you will be based at either or these sites 24/7. You may get one weekend off half way through the course. In terms of family support, The Army would supply you with heavily subsidised accommodation. This will be located close to where you will be working. It's important to bare in mind, that you will change location and job roles every 2-3 years, you can be deployed anywhere in the world and as a nurse you will have to work various shifts. Depending on the age of your child there are boarding school options which can be supported by The Military. I hope this helps!

Thursday, December 2, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?