Picture of If I’m naturally brunette but have dyed blonde hair. Can I get my hair done or do I have to go back to brunette

If I’m naturally brunette but have dyed blonde hair. Can I get my hair done or do I have to go back to brunette

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Additional information

I appreciate it probably sounds like a silly question but I’ve dyed my hair blonde for years and I didn’t know if I would have to go back to natural brunette or if I would be able to find a way to keep my hair blonde on deployment?

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Monday, February 7, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Evening and thanks for your question. As far as i am aware, the policy surrounding hair colour is actually not going to affect your situation. In the army of course there is a lot of things to consider surrounding the uniform which of course includes how you present yourself too. Generally as a rule, you are allowed to have dyed hair so long as it is a natural hair colour, such as black, brown, blonde etc. So since you dye your hair blonde, it shouldn't be an issue and you will be able to continue without having to revert back to your own natural colour. This will all be explained to you at assessment centre and prior to your Basic training to make sure you know what will be expected of you and what you will be required to do in preparation. Hope this helps. Any other questions feel free to ask or get in contact with your local ACC and i'm sure they will be happy to help too.

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?