Picture of Hi there, I really would love to join the army as an officer, but have a slight fear of heights, would this affect me?

Hi there, I really would love to join the army as an officer, but have a slight fear of heights, would this affect me?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Additional information

I am 16 and currently doing my a-levels, hoping for a place in sandhurst when I finish

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, May 20, 2022

Last reviewed: Monday, May 23, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Morning and thanks for your question. Great to hear you are looking to join as an officer and best of luck for your A-Levels! Many people have different fears in the Army, heights being a relatively common one. It's also a fear which I'm sure you will face at some point in your life, be it within the army or elsewhere. In the Army we always encourage our people to improve themselves in all aspects, and that includes overcoming fears in a safe environment. From obstacle courses, to rock climbing and even up to parachuting, there are a lot of opportunities which you could take part in during your time in the Army. Whilst you may not be required to complete all of those, the Army will help to give you that confidence which lasts a lifetime and which will allow you be successful if required. Joining as an officer is no easy feat, and whilst at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, you will have all of your current skills and abilities, both strengths and weaknesses, harnessed and encouraged to grow and develop so much more. This is all to allow you to lead by example and ensure that you will be able to build a successful and prosperous career within the British Army. Hope this helps, if you have any more questions then feel free to ask. Best of luck for the future anyway!

Monday, May 23, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?