Picture of I want to join the army as either a driver or an army nurse but I can't do press-ups. Will this stop me from joining?

I want to join the army as either a driver or an army nurse but I can't do press-ups. Will this stop me from joining?

5 responses

Additional information

I can do press-ups on my knees but even then I'm still not the best but would this prevent me from joining?

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Saturday, August 3, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, September 26, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Press ups aren’t an entry test requirement anymore. You will learn and develop your physical fitness including press ups throughout basic training. If you visit the below link and search for both job choices, it will give you the fitness and qualification standards for both job roles. https://apply.army.mod.uk/what-we-offer/regular-soldier/career I hope this answers your question J

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Caitlin N.

Thank you.

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Katrin W.

RLC Nurture Team NCO

Don't worry about the press ups. But both job roles give great opportunities. With the Nursing you will go to Birmingham and get your qualifications after you've done basic training, you'll have great opportunities to work inside a hospital and within a unit that will allow you to do a more diverse role so not being a nurse all the time. for example you could work on a vehicle such as a bulldog where you can become a commander of that vehicle. Drivers get to use a wide variety of vehicles and an opportunity to drive very important people, they also provide the logistics for exercises and operations and are widely employed within the army. Also they gain their driving licences while within the Army so don't worry if you can't drive yet.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Felix Gideon D.

I just want to join army

Thursday, September 26, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Felix, click on the link below for the army website. Have a research at available jobs and roles https://www.army.mod.uk/

Thursday, September 26, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?