Picture of I was misdiagnosed years back, precluding me from joining, doctors since disagree. Can I join with this on my record?

I was misdiagnosed years back, precluding me from joining, doctors since disagree. Can I join with this on my record?

Picture of LCoH Ashley
1 response

Additional information

Bipolar on my record from 7+ years ago. Every doctor since said it was just depression and this was a misdiagnosis. Is it possible to explain this at the medical when applying and still be able to join?

Anonymous asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: General

Date asked: Sunday, May 22, 2022

Last reviewed: Friday, July 1, 2022

Picture of LCoH Ashley O.

LCoH Ashley O.

Recruiting Co-Ordinator at ACC Norwich

Good Afternoon and thanks for your question, Whilst imp not part of the medical team, so I don't know for sure, I can certainly give you my best advice on the situation. Yes, this would probably be flagged up on the medical review, but if they require more information on it or if you choose to appeal the rejection, then you will be able to speak directly to you GP and have them write a letter explaining the situation and the misdiagnosis. If they are able to back up this explanation with evidence then our medical team will be able to assess your situation further and come to a better decision. Your best bet is to give it a go, at least then you've tried, and if you keep pushing then hopefully you will be able to get the career you desire. Best of luck for the future and if you have any more questions then feel free to let me know.

Friday, July 1, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?