Picture of I am registering at the age of 15 in year 10 and want to apply for Harrogate army foundation college is it the same?

I am registering at the age of 15 in year 10 and want to apply for Harrogate army foundation college is it the same?

Picture of David
1 response

Rafe T. asked a question to Infantry

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Sunday, July 24, 2022

Last reviewed: Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Picture of David O.

David O.

Maths, English, Science

Hi Rafe, great question. The Army Foundation College Harrogate is the only Junior Entry Phase 1 training establishment in the British Army. The College plays a vital role in providing the basic military training and developing future leadership. It offers a mix of military training, personal development, and education for under 18's before going on to complete phase 2 trade training. The College has 2 intakes a year in September and March. A 23-week course (including three weeks holiday) for those joining courses with longer Phase 2 training – these are Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Royal Engineers, Royal Signals, Adjutant General’s Corps, Royal Army Medical Corps, Army Air Corps and some Royal Logistic Corps roles. A 49-week course (including eight weeks holiday) for those joining the infantry, Royal Armoured Corps/Household Cavalry, Royal Artillery and some Royal Logistic Corps roles. Hope this helps and if you have more questions please let me know.

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?