Picture of I am interested in joining the army into harrogate as a junior soldier. How often will i get to visit my family at home?

I am interested in joining the army into harrogate as a junior soldier. How often will i get to visit my family at home?

Picture of Amie
1 response

Taylor P. asked a question to Amie B.

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Last reviewed: Friday, November 11, 2022

Picture of Amie B.

Amie B.

MT JNCO

Hi Taylor, Typically, there will be two opportunities throughout the course (short course 23 weeks) to return home for an extended period of time, but it will all depend on when your course is. For example, if you start the course in September, it's likely you'll go home for a little bit longer over the Christmas period. I believe you also get weekends to yourself after roughly halfway through the course, but this will all depend on how the training is going. It's typically a privilege to be able to do this, so not guaranteed. Just to add, I wouldn't worry too much about the prospect of not seeing family often. You will find yourself immersed in training life, and your fellow trainees will become your second family. You will also get plenty of time to speak to them on the phone etc. Hope that helps, and all the best with Harrogate!

Friday, November 11, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?