Picture of In phase one training at Catterick are females and males trained together and what are the sleeping arrangements like?

In phase one training at Catterick are females and males trained together and what are the sleeping arrangements like?

12 responses

Additional information

I am going to be training at Catterick and I am a little nervous about being the only girl in my section?.

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Thursday, August 22, 2019

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 24, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Hi and thank you for your question. There are currently females training at ITC Catterick in the Guards who are doing incredibly well. Accommodation for females is separate, you will only be accommodated with other females if there are any. You have done incredible to get this far, everyone is going to be nervous prior to training, It’s normal. Go up there and smash it! What regiment are you joining? Regards J

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Gab H.

do Women and men train together? Do they ever come in contact with one another?

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Anonymous

Do women and men train together or separately at catterick? Do they ever come in contact with eachother?

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

James A.

Thanks for your question. Yes they train together, the standards and requirements are exactly the same for Male and female. With regards to sleeping arrangements, they have separate accommodation blocks. J

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Melissa X.

Bit nervous as being a female , going into an infantry training environment/ role

Thursday, May 21, 2020

James A.

Melissa, What stage of the process are you at? It’s natural to feel nervous even for a bloke going to ITC catterick. There are female training staff embedded within the training teams. There have been a few females who have passed out and done a better job than some of their male counterparts in training. They are now in their chosen battalions, 2 of which are welsh guards who did themselves proud. What regiment are you looking to join? J

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Melissa X.

I'm just waiting for my assessment date and going to go into the royal regiment of scotland

Thursday, May 21, 2020

James A.

Ah Goodluck! Have you been practicing everything your careers office have given you to prepare?

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Melissa X.

Yeah , been doing a 2k almost everyday and been trying to build my upper body strength :)

Thursday, May 21, 2020

James A.

Good effort! Keep it up and your assessment centre will be here in no time! 😊

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Robyn Z.

I’m a female also in process of joining paras any advice or fitness tips to help as quit nervous

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

James A.

Hi Robyn, Goodluck first of all! I would personally do a range of physical activities as that will be the same in ITC. Each week you could do a mixture of swimming, indoor circuit training, battle pt, some sort of running or a weighed March of some kind. The programme changes each week and is designed to improve your all round physical fitness. It will start of low and increase in effort throughout the 30 weeks. Don’t over do it this side of training as you could risk injury, gradually build up to condition yourself. Hope this helps J

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?