Picture of What is accommodation like in training?

What is accommodation like in training?

1 response

Clarissa G. asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Friday, April 24, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, April 24, 2020

Stuart T.

Army Air Corps Engagement Team Warrant Officer

Hello Clarissa and thank you for the question. Accommodation generally, its size and shape depend on various factors including being single, being married for example and it caters for all circumstances that you could think of... The standard, in the main, is excellent. The accommodation is clean and modern meeting today's requirements. There is accommodation out there that is older, antiquated and not up to today's standard, however, I must stress that this is relative in terms of its age and usage over the decades. Anyway, the point I would make here is that the British Army (and military as a whole) has reformed/shaped itself over the last 15-20 years and so accommodation has and is getting continuously refurbed and/or built. In basic training (phase 1training) an individual can expect to be accommodated communally in a room of up to 12 people. This is for a very good reason and purpose so please don't panic! When progressing on to trade/role training (Phase 2 training) it varies again. It is dependent very much on what trade training school you are based at, but again, expect to be sharing a room with others; possibly anywhere between 2 and 8 'man' rooms. I would invite any of our other 'insiders' to comment on this, as some or most them will have had experience as a training instructor at a phase 2 training establishment? Hope this answered your question.

Friday, April 24, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?