Picture of What is training like?

What is training like?

1 response

Additional information

I'd like to know this as I'd sign up in 2 years time because I'd of left school by then and would've joined cadets

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: About us

Date asked: Sunday, November 10, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Hello, thanks for your question. I'm sorry that it wasn't answered sooner. This solely depends on what role you are thinking about in the Army and this will determine what your training will be like. I can only speak from my own experience but going through basic training for other roles except infantry you will do 14 weeks at Pirbright/Winchester or slightly longer at Harrogate depending on your age. If you are joining the Infantry then your training will be at Catterick. I joined Adjutant General's Corps within the Staff and Personnel Support (AGC(SPS)) Branch and I was 18 so I went to Pirbright for 14 weeks. This involved learning basic soldiering skills such as drill, weapon handling, physical and mental fitness/robustness, living in the field and military annual training test preparation. At some times training was tough and tiring and other times it was enjoyable but still challenging. No matter where you train whether it be Catterick for Infantry or others for other roles, my advice remains the same. Stay positive, work hard four yourself and more importantly others and remember training doesn't last forever. Good luck with your application. Zoe

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?