Picture of If the drug test proves you have cannabis in your system whats the outcome will be?

If the drug test proves you have cannabis in your system whats the outcome will be?

3 responses

Reo N. asked a question to British Army

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Sunday, September 8, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

You need to be drug free before joining the Army and stay that way. I would not recommend a career or attempting an Army career if you are an illegal drug user as you could be dishonourably discharged, and although every case is looked at on a case by case basis we strive to uphold values and standards and be law abiding.

Thursday, September 12, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

The army has a zero tolerance to drugs whether it is performance enhancing or recreational. If you rest positive on a compulsory drugs test you will be disciplined and discharged within weeks. I would strongly recommend staying clear of any drugs and removing yourself from situations where you are around drug use. J

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Picture of Greg H.

Greg H.

Royal Military Police NCO

Reo, As a member of the Royal Military Police and having dealt with soldiers who have failed Compulsory Drugs Test (CDT) for cannabis I can tell you that you will be discharged. The British Army, for the most part, has a zero tolerance on substance misuse and, quite rightly, it has no place in a disciplined fighting organisation. I know the policy does state that soldiers who fail the CDT can be retained at the Commanding Officer's discretion, however, you will be hard pushed to convince anyone that it would be in the service's interest. The bottom line is this, if you want a life in the British Army drugs can play no part in that life. The decision is yours. Greg

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?