do they recruit nurses?

4 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Last reviewed: Saturday, April 18, 2020

Luke V.

combat medical technician

hello, Thank you for the question please see the link for Army nurse https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/army-nurse Hope this helps Luke

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Hi, If you are already qualified then yes the army would employ you with the QARANC Once you have completed your basic training (14 weeks). You would promote automatically to the rank of CPL and get posted to a unit and carry on nursing with all the benefits of the British Army. If you aren’t yet qualified or haven’t started training, if you have 120 UCAS points and meet certain criteria the army would put you through your nursing degree. J

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Amelia V.

hello, I haven't found much about psychologists, I'm interested in pursuing a career in psychology, but also have a strong passion for joining the army. I was just wondering the requirements for a mental health nurse, but I don't want to do my nursing degree as i want to do my psychology degree, could i do that insted?

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, As far as I know, the military do not currently recruit psychologists to join the Army. They do however employ civilian psychologists in a military setting. These jobs are usually advertised on the NHS jobs website, or the civil service website. You cannot do a psychology degree to become a mental health nurse as all nurses must be registered with the nursing and midwifery council, and a psychology degree does not allow for this. Full information on joining as a mental health nurse can be found here https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles/army-medical-service/mental-health-nurse If you are set on joining the army and doing a psychology degree, I would advise starting an application on our website, it doesn't tie you in to anything, but you will be able to speak to someone from the recruitment team who will be able to give you more advise on what roles are available. I hope that helps.

Saturday, April 18, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?