1 response

Additional information

If I get 3 A's at A-Level can I apply for an intelligence role

Anonymous asked a question to HR, Finance and Support

Category: Qualifications

Date asked: Friday, October 25, 2019

Last reviewed: Monday, October 28, 2019

Zoe O.

Corporal, Adjutant General's Corps, Staff and Personnel Support AGC(SPS).

Hello. My job in the Army falls within the HR Finance and Administration sector but after looking at the British Army website, I will try my best to answer your question. From what I can understand, if you join the Intelligence Corps as a solider then for most of the roles you need GCSE grades A-C/9-4 in at least English Language and four other subjects. You also need at least Numeracy level 2. To explore the different roles within Intelligence then please visit https://apply.army.mod.uk/roles. Within each role it will state the minimum qualifications that are required to join. If A-Levels are not required for the role you are interested in, there is no harm in still achieving the highest grades possible so you have these qualifications for when you eventually leave the Army and go on to start another career. Also, there is scope to study higher education qualifications whilst you are in the Army including foundation degrees so at least if you had good grades in A-levels then this will accumulate enough UCAS points if that is something you would be interested in doing. I hope this helps. Zoe

Monday, October 28, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?