Picture of Worried I'll be the oldest and only female in the healthcare assistant reserves?

Worried I'll be the oldest and only female in the healthcare assistant reserves?

Picture of Tori
2 responses

Additional information

I'm 30 years old and have worked as a caregiver for over six years now. I'm looking to join the reserves as a healthcare assistant because I really want something more in my life, but I'm worried i'll be the oldest and only female in basic training. Any insider information would be incredibly useful, please! I want to fill in an application but my nerves won't let me, so I'm just teetering on the edge of decision. Thank you!

Anonymous asked a question to Medical

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, November 15, 2019

Last reviewed: Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Picture of Tori C.

Tori C.

Regimental Medical Officer

Hello, I am afraid I can't give you an answer either way with this one as I don't have much to do with the reservist basic training. I would advise starting an application (you are not committing to anything by submitting the application) and then talking to your application manager about your concerns, they will hopefully be able to provide you with more information on what to expect from basic training. I hope you get your answer, best of luck!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Robert F.

AGC (RMP) Corps Engagement Team

I worked with a Royal Military Police Reserve Unit last year helping with recruitment, they were sending potential candidates into training right up to the upper age limit, with little to no experience in policing. Hopefully with experience in the field you are applying for it should help. Your age should not be a barrier to applying. Hope this helps.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?