Picture of How's day to day life as an Officer Pilot?

How's day to day life as an Officer Pilot?

Picture of Katie
2 responses

Additional information

Is there any monotony/routine/or anything boring about it at all?

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Saturday, December 7, 2019

Last reviewed: Sunday, February 16, 2020

Picture of Katie

Katie

Staff Officer - Projects for People

Madeline P. Could you help answer this one Madeline P.

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Madeline J.

Wildcat Pilot

Hi there, Thank you so much for your question. Day to day life really varies depending on what we have on during any particular month. For example; at the moment we are preparing to deploy on exercise for a 2 month period so the majority of my week is dedicated to making sure we are as well prepared as possible. This includes planning the transit flight in conjunction with the Apache force, ensuring we are current in all aspects of flying (such as night flying and flying in formation with other aircraft) and also making sure that we are up to speed in wider aspects of military training such as fitness tests, map reading and weapon handling. As an Officer though I also have other commitments to complete during any average week. At the moment I am running a Spring Dinner Night for the regiment in the Officers' Mess and also juggling report writing for some of our soldiers. I hope that helps to answer your question. Ultimately no two days are the same and, whilst the main focus of my week is normally flying, there are also non-flying related jobs that need to be completed too. Have a lovely weekend, Maddie

Sunday, February 16, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?