Picture of Cross eye dominant iam right handed but left eye dominant aim. are there ways around this or would you recc glass/contac

Cross eye dominant iam right handed but left eye dominant aim. are there ways around this or would you recc glass/contac

6 responses

Additional information

Little worried about p1/2 as my right eye is slight blur when I close my left eye. (Both eyes perfect open fine but closed is left eye dominant. I booked eye test straightaway and have been given prescription for glasses or contacts. I want to aim to join light role infantry, is this possible?

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Medical

Date asked: Sunday, April 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Monday, April 27, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

Unfortunately we can not give individual medical advice. If you apply you will be assigned a support manager and when you talk to a medical officer they can talk you through the process and your options. Good luck.

Monday, April 27, 2020

Georgina Z.

Marketing Manager

PS, I have this and wear glasses and it has never held me back.

Monday, April 27, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

As mentioned above, we cannot give any information on medical as we aren’t qualified. I believe that the right eye has to be a minimum standard uncorrected (without glasses or contacts) However, when you have attended your army brief after applying online, you will be given and opticians form for you to take to the opticians to complete and return to the NRC. Your eyes will be tested again at assessment centre. You can have glasses/contact lenses in the infantry, you will issued glasses too. What are you looking to join? J

Monday, April 27, 2020

Anonymous

Thank you both so much for your reply. That is very helpful and put my mind at ease. I am hoping to join Rifles..

Monday, April 27, 2020

James A.

Goodluck! Are you in the application process yet? J

Monday, April 27, 2020

James A.

To add to the above, weapon systems have to be fired with the right hand/right eye due to the round ejection from the right. J

Monday, April 27, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?