Do you need to be good with heights

10 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Sunday, May 17, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, May 20, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Not really! I wasn’t the greatest with heights when I joined. Once you have been adventurous training a few times and put out of your comfort zone of feet on the ground you learn to enjoy heights, I did anyway! Depending on your Role, Paras/Guards Paras will have to be comfortable with heights for obvious reasons J

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Anonymous

In adventurers training do they involve big heights

Sunday, May 17, 2020

James A.

Depending on what adventurous training go on. You could be on a multi package, an expedition or a course. A multi package generally consists of climbing, a water activity and maybe a mountaineering walk of some kind. There are so many you could choose from. An expedition could be anything from climbing mountains/cliff trails in Italy to jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. It all depends on what your unit has booked and where you are etc. Don’t worry about it!

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

No you don't need to be great with heights you will be built up in training to go over the the likes of obstacles on the assault courses and when you go on adventure training during training you go out have a laugh and there is no pressure. but give it your all and you will surprise yourself.

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Anonymous

In phase one at senior entry are u still required to do caving

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

James A.

You will attend some sort of adventurous training. It may be a bit daunting at the time but once you have done it you will want to do it again. J

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

I was abit like you mate but when I done it I want to do it again and again but if you dont want to do it then you just dont do it

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Anonymous

R there consequences even if u try

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Chris R.

Lcpl

No mate there is no consequences even if you try adventure training is where you can relax with your new found mates and have a laugh and just relax

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

James A.

Adventurous training is designed to put you out of your comfort zone. There are no consequences if you try or choose not to. It’s usually a week away unwinding and having a laugh.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?