Additional information

I am not in the best shape

Liam B. asked a question to Infantry

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Thursday, August 13, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Daniel E.

Assistant Intelligence Officer

Hello, Liam and thanks for getting in touch. You need to have a general standard to your fitness but the standard you need to be depends on the specific job/role you are looking to do. To pass the current fitness standards to get into the Army, you need to achieve the following. Paratrooper - Level 11.6 on the Bleep Test and 8 min 15 on the 2km run. Infantry and Armoured Corp - Level 8.7 on the Bleep Test and 10 min 15 on the 2km run. Artillery/Engineers - Level 7.9 on the Bleep Test and 10 min 45 on the 2km run. The other trades are between Level 7.7-2 on the Bleep Test and 11 min 15-30 on the 2 km run. I had a paper round and a Milk round while i was at school and this was the only type of fitness i used to do before i joined the Military. Once I decided I wanted to join the Army, I focused on running. When you join up, you need to have a good basic standard, the rest comes while you are in training, it is all progressive and they don't expect you to be able to do a weighted march for 8 miles in 2 hours on your first day in training. I hope this helps answer your question and please get back to me if you have any other questions. Regards, Daniel.

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?