Picture of Has the assessment now changed due to covid-19?

Has the assessment now changed due to covid-19?

18 responses

Michael N. asked during the live chat Discover different roles in the Army to British Army

Category: About us

Date asked: Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Jason G.

Hi, no profesional, but going for my assesment in a few weeks, it has gone from 3 days down to 1 day, the run is also now a Bleep test and not a 2km run.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Michael N.

Thanks Jason appreciate the info. I am waiting on my GP to send my records before I can get a date! Do you know if there was much of a back log? Good luck to you mate!

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jason G.

I know they are working hard to get everything done, it may be easier for you to go in and collect your records ersonally and drop them off at the recruitment center. The doctors have 4 weeks to send the medical records and from my experience they like to use the full 4 weeks.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Michael N.

Yeah I will call them tommorow then! Just want to start asap now! What part of the army you joining?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jason G.

I've got 5 different roles I am interested in,2 x Royal Engineers, 2 x Army Medical Corps and Infantry. What are you interested in?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Michael N.

Nice decent choices! Royal Engineers if possible, I'm 28 now and have been plodding along in life 😐

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jason G.

Ah mate, I just turned 29, I know they feeling, i'm joining for a new life, a better one, one with structure and purpose.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Michael N.

Yeah sounds the same as me! Definitely the way to go. You feel ready for your assessment?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jason G.

I've done all the pysical assesments at home, and Ive passed them all, I know why I want to join, and I know where I want to go with the army, my recruiter thinks I am ready but I still think I could have do a lot more, and that I am not prepared, but that is just my nerves.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Michael N.

Yeah I think you can get more nervous when you want it so much! I reckon you will leave there thinking why was I worried though! What trade you looking to join in the engineers?

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Jason G.

Electrician and General Fitter

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Michael N.

Ah fairplay! Something to come out with on the outside. I havent got great GCSE's might have to join as a bricklayer or driver and hopefully re-train in the future

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?