Picture of What is the INT corp' s assessment like and what is involved?

What is the INT corp' s assessment like and what is involved?

Picture of Paul
1 response

Additional information

I'm a late entrant (35) and have been out of education a while.

Anonymous asked a question to Paul

Category: About us

Date asked: Sunday, January 3, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Picture of Paul

Paul

Intelligence Officer

Hello, So you will sit assessments in English, Maths, Current Affairs, Link Analysis and an IQ like test as well as a number of briefing and team tasks. There will be the opportunity to sit a Modern Languages Aptitude Test to assess suitability for Linguist training as well as an interview with a senior member of the selection team. You will receive briefs on our two trades, Operator Military Intelligence and Operator Technical Intelligence and get the chance to talk to JNCOs in the Corps. The best way to prepare for your Int Corps selection is to ensure that you are on top of your current affairs, Maths and English. You should also ensure that you are prepared to talk in front of a group of approx 12 and work with them on team tasks. For the Maths and English, nothing is above GCSE standard, so BBC Bitesize is a really good resource. For current affairs, make sure you are looking at a range of sources on a variety of subjects. For that I would recommend Newsnow.com. You can prepare for the speaking elements by giving practice briefs to friends and family. I hope this helps. Paul

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?