Picture of Hello, what does a PTI course entail? Exercises, what you learn and learn to lead, and how long the course is?

Hello, what does a PTI course entail? Exercises, what you learn and learn to lead, and how long the course is?

1 response

Additional information

My goal is join in a trade, join PTI course, work hard to become CPL then hopefully transfer to PT Corps

Hannah A. asked a question to British Army

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Monday, June 15, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Kyle S.

PTI for HQ RG

Hello Hannah, To be eligible for the PTI course you must first be a Substantive LCpl or be granted Acting LCpl by your unit, once you have that you may then submit the application for a course date. The Course itself is 9 weeks and requires you to meet set fitness requirements before you are eligibile. Once you have met those fitness requirements you will attend the Course and the first week will entail much of the same fitness tests that ensure you can meet the physical requirements that are expected for a PTI and maintain them throughout the course. These tests will include the SCR (Soldier Conditioning Review), GCC RFT (Ground Close Combat Role Fitness Test), all 6 RMT’s (Representative Military Tasks), MST (Military Swim Test) and CMST (Combat Military Swim Test). Once the first week is passed you then move onto the learning phase which is where you learn about the human body and the effects fitness can have on it, how to teach PT lessons, the policies that need to be followed and so much more. There is a lot of information to take in and there are multiple tests for both the knowledge gained and the fitness that is required but there is ample opportunity for study/training in the evenings. All in all it will be a very physically demanding course that also requires lots of study and knowledge retention, however personally it was one of the most enjoyable courses I have done. It was nice to be surrounded by people who were interested in the same thing as I was and who actually wanted to be there. I hope this answer has helped and if you have any further questions please let me know.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?