Picture of Can you tell me what a movement controller would do day to day and what courses/ training can you do?

Can you tell me what a movement controller would do day to day and what courses/ training can you do?

1 response

Additional information

I am interested as joining as a movement controller and was wondering what they get up to on day to day basis. Additional question: once placed at your unit do you get your own room? Please don’t send me a link to the army jobs website as I have read the info on there.

Anonymous asked a question to British Army

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 23, 2020

LCpl O.

RLC Engagement Team.

Depending where you go will depend what you will get up to, but there ins't a typical day. A movement controller could be working with the freight at Marchwood, checking peoples docs before a flight, using the scanners to check luggage like in an airport issuing boarding passes. They need to check policy's and legislation for moving materials around different countries. So making sure we are within transport legislation's. They are very busy, and always have exercises to provide assistance with or deployments. Will also go overseas to ro a recce before anyone comes over, this can be from a private level with local authorities. Once you have reached your unit they are mainly 1 man rooms with a en-suite shower room which they call the Z type. Some camps still have shared accommodation rooms but it just depends where you get posted.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?