Picture of I love CrossFit and teamwork, I want to be a PTI but how? Is college good for 16 year olds who don’t know what to do?

I love CrossFit and teamwork, I want to be a PTI but how? Is college good for 16 year olds who don’t know what to do?

Picture of Samuel
2 responses

Additional information

I am 16 but I am scared that if I go to army college, if I don’t like it will I have qualifications to get a job in the world?

Anonymous asked a question to Combat

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, February 20, 2020

Picture of Samuel L.

Samuel L.

Infantry Officer

Hello, If you like physical training the Army Foundation College is definitely a good place to go. You will also have the opportunity to gain qualifications while you are there and throughout your Army career and you'll get paid while you're doing it. For example my Regiment gives our soldiers a level 2 BTEC in engineering once they complete training. Normally you will become a PTI after serving with a unit for a year or so. This means that you will need to apply to join a Corps or the Infantry before you can become a PTI. If you are looking for direction the Army is a fantastic place to be and it will set you up with skills and qualifications that last a lifetime. But ultimately you need to make the decision that is right for you. So please feel free to ask us some more questions. -Sam

Thursday, February 20, 2020

James A.

Reconnaissance Platoon soldier

Hi and thanks for your question. CrossFit is now being used daily across the army so wherever you go I’m sure you can still carry it on. With regards to becoming a pti, I’m sure you could achieve it as you are probably self motivated to already compete in CrossFit. Once you have found your feet within your chosen regiment, you can request to go down and attempt the all arms physical training course following a pre course run by your gym staff. The course is 8 weeks long and teaches you everything from anatomy & physiology of the body as well as health and nutrition. Whilst getting thrashed daily! The course will get you a level 2 REPs qualification but can now be converted to a level 3. The army as a whole is a big team! Hope this answers your question J

Thursday, February 20, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?